Friday, July 24, 2009

[2009.07.25] NICK CHEUNG WANTS TO BE MILLION DOLLAR BEST ACTOR

courtesy of mingpao.com

courtesy of singtao.com

courtesy of takungpao.com

Nick Cheung Ka Fai won Best Actor Special Mention with BEAST STALKER (JING YUN) at Korea's Puchon International Fantastic Film Festival while director Dante Lam Chiu Yin won Best Director. Yesterday Ka Fai returned from Korea and expressed joy for Lam Chiu Yin. He even called him from the scene right away. Reportedly Ka Fai attended the film festival as a special guest for his Best Actor Special Mention, he joked, "Then my position would be very peculiar? Actually award to me is not important."

Ka Fai claimed that Director Lam could not attend because he had to work on a film in Hong Kong. "At the venue I called Director Lam first hand to congratulate him, but no one answered. I had to leave the venue before someone picked up. The Old Lady instead was the latest to know." Ka Fai said that Director Lam asked him how many people were nominated. He said, "Due to the language barrier I wasn't too certain about a lot of film festival contents, but over 200 films participated. He was very happy after finding out because beating out a few films wouldn't be much of a big deal." When the event announced Ka Fai, he said, "I was afraid I heard wrong because I had to listen to the English translation. I wasn't sure until my assistant notified me. That moment was very sudden." Ka Fai won three Best Actor awards in a year. He said, "All three are important to me because each award is very valuable. This time winning with Director Lam is the rarest." As for celebrating, Ka Fai said that the boss would set up a celebration. He would take the chance to ask for a raise. He joked, "I want another million."

No comments:

Post a Comment