Monday, April 26, 2010

[2010.04.27] SAMMI CHENG MAKES ICU VISIT

Nick Cheung Ka Fai
courtesy of on.cc

Max Mok Siu Chung, Nick Cheung

Sammi Cheng Sau Man (left)
courtesy of mingpao.com

Nick Cheung Ka Fai and Sammi Cheng Sau Man visited the disaster victims in Qinghai and cheered on the injured at the hospital. Ka Fai did not follow Sammi into the Intensive Care Unit visit, Ka Fai was afraid to see the amputee victims and could not stand the sight. Sammi said, "Because the atmosphere inside is very sad, I brought them smile and strength to let the victims know that Hong Kong people care a lot about them." Reportedly Sammi showed signs of altitude disease, she said, "No, I only had a cold." She said that others thought visiting the disaster area was to help the victims, but actually it helped herself. She said, "I have a very strong feeling. Because earlier my father had brain surgery, I had an experience in the ICU. This time I wasn't as scared when I went."

Sammi also expressed that the authorities took care of the victims very quickly. The victims all raised their thumbs in praise of the government. As for anything memorable, she said, "A pregnant woman gave birth to a baby. Both were safe and I touched the baby, but I didn't dare to ask whether the baby's father was around. A rescue hero talked about his own experience and appeared to be very calm. He completely didn't feel he was a hero. Instead he was quite touching." Last night before Sammi went on stage she fell due to the dark backstage. She said, "I fell flat on my face, my forehead even hit the ground. The headache and the foot pain were minor, the embarrassment was a big deal. Hopefully no one saw it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment