Saturday, January 1, 2011

[2011.01.01] DONNIE YEN IS THE STRONGEST IN THE CHINESE FILM INDUSTRY

courtesy of on.cc

courtesy of singtao.com

courtesy of mingpao.com

courtesy of takungpao.com

In 2010 Donnie Yen Chi Tan starred in three films, IP MAN 2, LEGEND OF THE FIRST THE RETURN OF CHEN ZHEN and 14 BLADES (GUM YI WAI). They performed well in Hong Kong, the Mainland, Taiwan, Singapore and Malaysia. IP MAN 2 in Hong Kong, Singapore, and Malaysia became the 2010 Chinese film box office champion.

At the same time, all three films made over 100 million RMB at the Mainland box office. IP MAN 2 made about 219 million, 14 BLADES made about 142 million and LEGEND OF THE FIST about 137 million. Yen Chi Tan was satisfied with last year's box office. Looking ahead to 2011, Chi Tan wished for a thriving Chinese film industry with variety. He said, "In recent years Hong Kong box office charts have belonged for foreign films. I hope in 2011 it will be balance back a little, Chinese film will be able to gain back more market share. Seeing now Chinese film's
continuously increasing quality, I have a lot of confidence."

In 2011, Yen Chi Tan will make three movies, ALL'S WELL ENDS WELL 2011 (JUI KEUNG HEI SO), Alan Mak Siu Fai's THE LOST BLADESMAN (GUAN YUNCHANG) and WU XIA. Seen as the box office miracle drug and winning Hong Kong ant Taiwan film actor of the year and the Chinese film influential figure of the year online, would Chi Tan have pressure? He said, "Of course I am happy about good box office and winning awards! However I won't give myself any pressure because of those. The pressure comes from my demands on myself. Every actor would like box office success, but film is a very special industry. Hard work and success don't
often equate. Sometimes timing, location and people matter. As long as I have done my best, I would learn to face failure in peace." Lately Chi Tan has been busy in Beijing with the film THE MONKEY KING (DAI LAU TIN GUNG). Wife Cissy Wang has gone to be with her family in the U.S. Thus the family could not be together during the holidays. He said, "In the Lunar New Year I definitely will make it up to my family."

No comments:

Post a Comment