Thursday, April 14, 2011

[2011.04.15] WUXIA FIGHTS HARD FOR CANNES SELECTION

courtesy of singtao.com

courtesy of takungpao.com

The Peter Chan Ho Sun directed, Donnie Yen Chi Tan, Takeshi Kaneshiro (Gum Sing Mo), Jimmy Wang Yu, Tang Wei starred WU XIA has been selected to take part in this year's Cannes Film Festival. After CROUCHING TIGER HIDDEN DRAGON, HOUSE OF FLYING DAGGERS, and ASHES OF TIME REDUX, another Chinese wuxia film would appear in Cannes after four years.

Chan Ho Sun said, "Actually the Cannes committee during film selection saw a rough cut, special effects and music score were not completed yet. Before hand I never thought that Cannes which was heavier on an artistic perspective would welcome a commercial film, and the only Chinese film at that; being able to appear with a group of international master directors, this indeed would be a rare opportunity."

The leads Yen Chi Tan, Gum Sing Mo and Tang Wei were excited about the film's participation in this year's Cannes Film Festival. Yen Chi Tan said, "Actually when I made BODYGUARDS AND ASSASSINS (SUP YUET WAI SING) I chatted with Peter. When I heard WUXIA's idea I knew that this would be a milestone film." The always low key Gum Sing Mo said simply, "Very happy, congratulations Director." Playing a mother for the first time, Tang Wei said, "I am very happy. Actually when I just got the script, I read it like an ordinary reader and I already liked it very much. In this film, I played a mother for the first time. Now I really want to see what I look like as a mother, I want to see the audience reaction when this film is screened in Cannes."

No comments:

Post a Comment