Monday, June 13, 2011

[2011.06.14] JOHN WOO IS NOT USED TO TAKING DIRECTION

Daniel Wu (Ng Yin Cho)

Wang Leehom

John Woo
courtesy of on.cc

courtesy of takungpao.com

BEGINNING OF THE GREAT REVIVAL will open in Hong Kong on June 23. The film aside from its numerous Best Actor class, acting school handsome actor and beautiful actresses also had many directors and actors of substance in support. They included director John Woo (Ng Yu Sum), Wang Leehom and Deng Chao.

Ng Yu Sum in the film played the late Qing Dynasty celebrity Lin Sen. With glasses, a long beard and clothing for the cultured, he looked serious and kind. Although his character did not appear on the screen for too long, he occupied an important position in the end of the film. Ng Yu Sum said, "I appreciate very much for the two directors' admiration, for me to be able to play a role in the film. In the past I have been a director, only I yelled 'roll' and 'cut'. Thus during the shoot when I delivered the lines and heard the two directors say 'roll' and 'cut', I really wasn't used to it. After being an actor, I understood more the difficulty of actors handling characters. It will be helpful to my directing work."

Wang Leehom in the film played progressive student Luo Jialun. In the film although he wore the same Beijing University uniform as other students, his look stood out. Wang Leehom was very excited to be able to take part in this film and said, "My character is a hot blooded youth, I
am a hot blooded person too. I am willing to make different attempts. Thus the character and I have something in common." Deng Chao in the film played Sichuan youth Chen Yi. In order to play the role well, he practiced the Sichuan dialect despite being from Jiangxi.

No comments:

Post a Comment