Thursday, May 31, 2012

[2012.06.01] ZHANG ZIYI STANDS FIRM FOR JUSTICE




courtesy of on.cc
courtesy of singtao.com
Ann Hui, Zhang Ziyi



courtesy of mingpao.com
courtesy of takungpao.com

Zhang Ziyi's travel was restricted according to Apple Daily.  Two days ago after her open letter online she even personally came to Hong Kong to discuss with lawyers and issued legal letters.  Two nights ago she even appeared at the "Chinese Film Media Award" and again stressed to the media that the report was a thorough lie from beginning to end.  No matter what price she would pay she definitely would seek justice for herself.

Zhang Ziyi received the Chinese Film Promotion Contribution Award.  After accepting the award she said, "This award has given me a real sense of responsibility.  I will use my persistence and love for movies and never back down."  Although she earlier has already issued a statement to deny the related report, but two nights ago at the celebration she again responded to the media from three lands on both sides of the strait, "First thank you everyone for your concern, I think yesterday everyone read that news.  Then I will clearly state certain attitude of mine.  Yesterday this news was a thorough lie from head to tail, an out of the blue rumor.  Between the words was defamation, truly serious defamation and filth.  I indeed have already met with my lawyers in Hong Kong today.  I have very clearly stated my attitude.  No matter what price I would pay, I would definitely seek justice and hold them accountable through legal means."

She also said that in the past few years she never explained or issued statements over out of the blue rumors that made something out of nothing because she felt the one in the clear is naturally in the clear.  Time could confirm a lot.  Yet this time she felt that not only she was personally affected but the film industry was soiled, because netizens who did not know the truth left messages to say that the film industry was a mess.  She said, "Yet I have to say, the film industry I know and around me isn't this way!"  She felt that this time a social hot topic was used to provoke and fool the public.  She also said that people who knew her and did not know her both supported her.  Thus she truly was not fighting alone.  Someone among the reporters emotionally screamed, "Zhang Ziyi, I support you!"

Then Zhang Ziyi said that the matter has already entered in the legal procedures.  Her work team has already publicized the legal letter.  Her attitude was also very clear.  She hoped the right violating media would quickly answer her.  As for her mood, she stated that this incident would not affect her mood and work, as well as her passion for work.  She said, "After so many years, everyone has seen it.  I truly love this film career of mine, I cherish it very much.  I would also fully protect every one of my characters.  I have the character that viewers can see is a work of sincerity!  Thus, a variety of so-called events would affect me, but I am very steady inside.  Everyone can relax!  The matter has come to an end anyway!  With the upcoming development, I would communicate with everyone then!"  What result would she like to have?  She thought for awhile and said, "You wait and see!  I believe in a result that will be satisfactory to me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment