Saturday, October 19, 2013

[2013.10.20] DONNIE YEN HAS NO FEAR FOR ONLINE DEFAMATION

Nina Paw and Donnie Yen play mother and son
Wang Yuanyuan, Cissy Wang, Jessica Jann
courtesy of on.cc
courtesy of singtao.com
Donnie Yen, Cissy Wang
Ray Lui, Yang Xiaojuan
Ronald Cheng, Sammie Yu
courtesy of mingpao.com

The "Strongest in the Universe" Donnie Yen Chi Tan produced, action directed and starred film SPECIAL ID (DUT SHU SUN FUN) two nights ago held its premiere. Yen Chi Tan appeared with his loving wife Cissy Wang in tow. Also in attendance were Ronald Cheng Chung Kei, Nina Paw Hee Ching, Ray Lui Leung Wai, Wong Jing, Peter Chan Ho Sun, Wang Yuanyuan and her boyfriend.

Yen Chi Tan said that co-production was very hard to make because it had to meet both Chinese and Hong Kong viewer tastes. Now the film is finally released, he could breathe a sigh of relief. As for the box office, he said that it would depend on timing, location and people and not up to him. In addition, SPECIAL had endless troubles. Early in production, Yen Chi Tan and Vincent Zhao Wenzhou got into a dispute. The later even had his contract terminated and a battle of words between both sides ensued. Yen Chi Tan earlier in a Guangzhou film event stated that he would not work with Zhao Wenzhou again. Two nights ago Chi Tan obviously did not want to talk more about the subject. "It's ancient history, in the past. (No room to turn around?) From the start I kept my silence, I only spoke up after I kept being asked. I am very busy with work, if I have time to argue I might as well go home and have dinner. The greater good should be what is important."

Earlier Zhao Wenzhou was rumored to have hired internet thugs to vilify him and SPECIAL ID online. Was he worried that further online negative attacks would affect the box office? He said, "There may be some effect, but now viewers are very smart. The most important is not to turn the matter into a China Hong Kong conflict. Online violence is considered a psychological attack, I know that both Chinese and Hong Kong governments have policies that target online violence. I have already done my job, I can answer to everyone. I hope that there will not no more unpleasantness." Would he accept if Zhao Wenzhou apologized? Chi Tan said, "It's not an apology to me alone, but an apology to many innocent people who were connected. Film is a group collaboration, I have made movies for 31 years, I have never seen something like this happen."

Cheng Chung Kei also brought his wife Sammi Yu Sze Man. Why did they not bring their daughter? They joked, "If we brought her no one would need to watch. We are afraid that she would scream loudly, which would be very awkward."

Yu Sze Man also said that her daughter was a homebody. Once they took her out to dinner. After she was done she wanted to go home. Finally they had to send her home first before they could continue their meal.

The film DAI WA TIN SIN halted production 3 years ago due to funding problems recently was completed with doubles and would be released. Cheng Chung Kei who was in the cast said, "I don't know if my part was completed with a done. Back then I only shot half of it when the director stopped." He revealed that at the time he charged for however much he made. He did not need to worry about the use of a double affecting her reputation, instead he was vry curious who his double was.

No comments:

Post a Comment