Monday, April 14, 2014

[2014.04.15] SIMON YAM IS SCARED TO EVEN SEE SNOW AFTER THE ICEMAN

courtesy of on.cc
courtesy of singtao.com
Simon Yam declines to work on a film in the snow again
courtesy of mingpao.com

Simon Yam Tat Wa suffered while making THE ICEMAN 3D (3D BING FUNG HUP: CHUNG SUN JI MOON). The most painful was the week on the Changbai Mountain location shoot in the Mainland. He thought that the leather armor, pants and gloves would be able to withstand the 20 degrees below zero Celsius temperature. He did not expect the leather to stiff up in the chill and lose its warming function.

"I tried many ways to stay warm, for example wrapping my entire body in plastic wrap like a mummy and wearing scuba diving suit underneath. Nothing worked. With the plastic wrap, after sweating my entire body became even colder. In the end I put over 50 heating pads all over my body. Now even the sight of snow scares me, I won't shoot in anywhere with snow again." He said that THE ICEMAN took two years to shoot, thus two movies were made in one breath.

Donnie Yen Chi Tan earlier host his armor unveiling, the 7 feet of armor frightened him. Yam Tat Wa said, "As he got older he shrank, actually the armor was only made for the display. People in the past used to be giants, this wasn't the costume used."

No comments:

Post a Comment