Friday, July 18, 2014

[2014.07.19] WONG KAR WAI WILL PRODUCE A NEW FILM IN SEPTEMBER

courtesy of mingpao.com
Wong Kar Wai and Jin Yucheng
Ann Hui
courtesy of on.cc

Director Wong Kar Wai and writer Jin Yucheng yesterday attended a Book Fair forum and revealed collaboration plans. "Mr. Jin's writing is great, his subjects are rare. The content is about 60s to 90s Shanghai. I have already bought the rights but I won't make it this year. (Will you make another film in September?) The company will, I will produce. The production isn't set yet." He entered the venue without revealing whether Tony Leung Chiu Wai will star in the new film in September.

Director Ann Hui On Wa said, "My new film THE GOLDEN ERA will participate in the Venice Film Festival in September, lead actress Tang Wei will go. I have congratulated her on her wedding. (Is she with child?) I don't dare to ask. (Are you afraid that she will be absent?) No, she is going to work! She will attend the September 16 Hong Kong premiere as well."

No comments:

Post a Comment