Sunday, August 3, 2014

[2014.08.04] STAR CLASS COLUMN: DON'T SAY BREAK UP

In the film I got into Siu Lan and Sam's break up story, but in real life, I feel that love should be cherished.  Break Up, I haven't been willing to say once
courtesy of mingpao.com

True story: a female friend who I have known for years met her boyfriend in high school, fell in love and now they are both 29. The over 10 years marathon of love seems like a century already. I have known them for over 7 years. Over these years, they have endlessly gone between broken up and reunited. From my observation, they were very serious about each break up. They completely looked like they were "truly hurt". They would have a difference of opinions on a variety of matter, then argue, in the end one of them would conclude it with a break up. Then they were hurt for about a month and in the end he would coax her back.

Several years ago, I saw how sorrowful she was and I could not help but comfort her. I hoped that she would be a little better. Also I thought of their "love between break up and make up" as the way of how an odd couple got along. Yet this time was a little different, they "broke up" longer than in the past. She did not have that sorrowful look from before. Between all the endless break up and make up, the girl seemed to have gained some understanding.

When I made BREAK UP 100 (FUN SAU 100 CHI), I was completely into Siu Lan's "break up model" and did not sense any problem. Later when I watched the film, I looked at Siu Lan and Sam's story as a bystander and felt a little different. Actually continuously breaking up was very tired, perhaps it was like a slice on the skin. It hurt a little but could not heal right away. Yet this pain remained in their love. After accumulation reached a certain point, the minor pain was already so stimulated that they could tolerate it no longer. Their relationship unknowingly became fragile and vulnerable. Love should be cherished, do not say break up, be reluctant to say it even once.

- CHRISSIE CHAU SAU NA

No comments:

Post a Comment