Friday, January 20, 2017

[2017.01.21] RICHIE JEN IS THANKFUL FOR PLAYING A BAD GUY

courtesy of mingpao.com
Richie Jen asks the doctor if he can ride a motorcycle again by gesture, but the doctor mistakes him for asking about sex
Richie Jen and Gordon Lam hug each other as soon as they meet
Richie Jen, Johnnie To, Gordon Lam raise a glass
courtesy of on.cc

The Media Asia film TRIVISA (SHU DAI JIU FUNG) yesterday celebrated its numerous success with Johnnie TO Kei Fung, Yau Nai Hoi, Richie Jen (Yam Yin Chai), Gordon Lam Ka Tung, Frank Au Hok Man, Vicky Wong Wai Kit and others. TRIVISA has already won the Golden Horse Award for Best Original Screenplay and Best Editing. This year Ka Tung won the Hong Kong Film Critic Society's Best Actor award; Siu Chai was also nominated for the Asia Pacific Film Festival Best Actor award. Siu Chai happily said, "I am already very happy about the nomination. I really appreciate To Kei Fung for giving me the chance to play a bad guy."

Although he was happy about being nominated, Siu Chai was upset when he mentioned his injury from his motocross race. "I really am a little upset! Due to the weather, my motorcycle ran into the forest and had to be rescued by helicopter. In the end I was 1,000 kilometers away from finishing the 12,000 kilometer race. This time was also the most difficult! Even though I was upset I could do anything about it. After the race half of the top ten participants had broken arms and legs, my body was still whole even though I didn't finish the race."

Later Siu Chai said, "At the time after X-ray, I was on bed rest. Then I saw those who arrived later with very severe injuries. Some were unconscious, some had broken thigh bone, I immediately got up to offer them my bed......the next time I race I would participate in a car race. At least it's covered in a metal frame! (How is your injury now?) I can't get up too quickly, I can't carry anything heavy either. The funniest part was at the time I did a gesture to ask the French doctor whether I could keep riding the motorcycle, he thought I was asking about sex, haha." Later, Siu Chai would have Lunar New Year dinner with his parents in Taiwan then fly to perform in the U.S.

Best Actor award winner Lam Ka Tung happily said that he was still elated. "At the moment when I learned that I won, my mind immediately went through 30 years. Among that was the 'all for naught' period. This time was very encouraging. The award seemed to have flown over suddenly, I really got a little dizzy!"

Would the award strengthen Ka Tung's Hong Kong Film Award confidence? He said that he would already be very happy with the nomination. He would not deliberately think about the award and hoped that TRIVISA would be able to make a sequel.

Speaking of Andy Lau Tak Wa's injury, Ka Tung said that it would not be suitable to disturb him at this time. Thus he only sent a text message and hoped that Wa Jai would recover soon. In addition, Ka Tung was working on a Lunar New Year horror film. Playing a tomb raider he even had to open up a tomb and a coffin. He said that shooting something like that at the end of the year, he definitely would get lai see.

No comments:

Post a Comment